Saturday 12 May 2018

Sample Harvesting

Now and again, when I'm in a catching-up mood, ready to do something new, I remember that I probably haven't harvested any samples lately. By this I mean check what I captured in the Olympus  LS-10 and the TE OP-1. Friday, off to Dreadzone later and some Future Sound in Preston over the w/e. Anyway, that was today. Made a short, simple track using loops gathered from the Morphagene, This is now the third repository for samples now, of a certain type. I'm getting very definite role splits with the Microgranny doing long atmosey, weird phrases and rambling dialogue (current taste), the Octatrack doing all kinds of key stuff but also weird loops, noises, clicks and anything really that isn't really long. Morphagene is getting background atmos, voice stuff too just slightly different stuff although with overlaps. Here quality is important and some are nice stereo and thoughtful shit I don't want to bit-crush.
A good Friday.
You'll laugh. I totally failed to re-insert the micro-SD card into the fucking Microgranny.

Well, Dreadzone were good even though they were a 4-piece. Not too many folks there and we didn't go to any of the future sound events. Ditto for Saturday as Pat not feeling great after her time away and we fancy sitting and chilling to Eurovision. Mind you I thought Russia had a good song but they were kicked out in the semis.

Today I starting pushing the samples around just to see where they might go:
https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/bamboozle



No comments:

Post a Comment