Sunday 18 July 2010

Rainy days suit studio work nicely. Been pottering with Cirklon - still not making mega process cos I have to keep manual track of which patches each song uses - but it's definitely shaping up.
Sold Nord Wave, KS-Rack and Drumstation in one go, which means I can afford my Macbook Pro. Of course now I can afford it I'm agonising over spending such an amount on a mere computer. Do I actually need it given the number of gigs I'm planning to play from now on (not many)? Is the 'backup idea' truly worth spending two grand on?
Have had my faith in MIDI hardware shaken by the timing sloppiness of the JV-2080 - so the single "do all module" could be a pipe dream. Closest to that is still the Proteus.
Just think, if I'd thought about all this earlier I could have kept the Two Voice. :(
Although old stuff has little value to my work other than for sampling, it still calls to me more. Maybe I should spend half on something cool and the other half on new softsynths (Morphestra, Alchemy come to mind) which should help my library work. Sigh... I'm so indecisive.
Or am I?
Off to see mum today and find out the latest about the trial, the scary dentist bill and other tales to make my hair curl.
Review going well, have almost a first draft done. Still wondering about the "top secret" synth.

No comments:

Post a Comment