Thursday 2 September 2010

Yesterday I finished, or damn near finished, a new one with lots of persian santur in it. I think it's OK but time will tell but that makes 11 new age tracks now. If I start another today I'll be well chuffed - I think the collection needs something largely ambient, maybe with echoing piano and lots of space. We'll see what turns up.

More sunshine so I'll take advantage and get on the hills again. Life is good and each day I pinch myself to make sure it's not a dream (although a better test is to turn the lights on and off). We're both ready for Barcelona, hope the Natwest didn't bugger things up by changing the credit card - the one I booked the car park with!

Still no progress on Cirklon's important (IMHO) ability to use different instruments per scene. Even just a channel override would really help but I don't want to be restricted to the same 16 instruments for the whole song. Having 16 tracks only is fine but I need to be able to vary what each one does over the course of a song. Poor Colin must be desperate to get on with the features he feels more important. I also really need the instrument's CC control - initially for the mixer but also cos the synths I'm taking to Berlin won't come to life without external control of this type and I'll probably struggle otherwise.
Will I get a production unit in time? Dunno, Colin heading for Italy for a week so time getting tight...

No comments:

Post a Comment