Saturday 27 August 2016

Contiguous Time / new case arrived

It's like this: you can't add up all those 5, 10, 20, 38 minute chunks of free time in a day and say 'look at all that free time you had!'. In the same way, a forest or nature reserve is not the same when sliced and diced by roads, quarries, pylons, clearings and housing. It's Friday and my afternoon, hopefully, will be a contiguous, slow-paced session of music capture - the track I forgot to play at the gig, some work on a piece Andy sent, maybe that's enough.
The modular is still dead. That old Doepfer power supply clearly not up to the job and a pure coincidence it died when it did. I'll go along with that until I know better. Ordered a new case with an update power supply, will get the old one fixed, hopefully next week, have the one from Ross coming, in theory. Frustrating as two very cool-looking modules arrived yesterday but have to put ideas of those aside for now.

I can see why people get hooked on euro, start looking around for things to sell to get more. I'm doing the same, I notice. Ultimately will it be a habit I kick? Hard to say but it does so much it's gonna be tough.

I know. Another picture of 'the tree'.

Today I did a version of one track I didn't play well at the gig. Worked on overdubs for one Andy did. Chilled. Good day. Hopefully going out later for something to eat.

OK today is Saturday. Which is a different today than the earlier one. Deal with it. New case arrived - good old Thomann. Modules installed, all peachy, should really look more into the power consumption. Tried the two new modules that have arrived - both impressive. I sorta thought they might be. Made a well groovy sequence using the Tonestar with two filters, each articulated by different EGs.
Colin sent me the 19" Eurorack-style BOB, like awesome! Lots more CV to play with. Need longer lead though as the 25-pin connector on the far end. Could mount it upside down I guess. Hey that would work...





Yes, I had a relaxing afternoon... :)





No comments:

Post a Comment