Saturday 13 August 2016

Of Interest only to me

Today we (Tim & I) recorded 'Hell Knuckle' having temporarily adopted a new naming standard. Listening now it's a masterpiece but, hey, it's Friday afternoon and I always say that. It's tagged onto a session from a few days back which we called Ylem. Did some production work to improve a few parts of it, which seems to have paid off. Quick and decisive working here. Apply same to 'knuckle' and we have a hit. No. not a hit, what's that other word?

Glad we did something on Friday. I sometimes think of all those times Phil wanted to record and I couldn't be bothered.



Seems I have at least one catchy sequence for gig. Excellent! Will play them through in the week, catalogue them. Still not totally sure I'm happy it's 90mins. Woulda been nice to have been asked if I have enough material (I wonder if I do?).

I am reading Steppenwolf again. In breaks between review stuff.
It occurs to me that all I've ever done in my own novel-writing is to paraphrase this book, in a style closer to National Lampoon than the Kurt Vonnegut I aspire to. Not much of an epitaph so call that version 1. :)

The sun seems to be here. Apparently for a few days. I should maybe post some incisive comments about it on twatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment