Sunday 14 April 2019

New Minilogue oscillator

Well, it was cheap - a simple Karplus Strong pluck but a nice addition I thought for less than £4.
I will keep watching which oscillators I'm using in case of another hang. Let's hope the drag and drop doesn't screw the order of my existing oscs. I really should put them in a sensible order but Korg's app wasn't great on my laptop. May try different screen resolution. Would be nice if a full backup backed up all your user oscs and fx too, just discovered this ain't the case.

Finally found a resolution that worked. Well, it reliably copied to position 4 in the table which let me move stuff around manually to where it all should be. Sadly patches point to the oscillator slot with no knowledge of which actual oscillator was there. So some thing are gonna sound different unless I stick to a strict list. Pluck sounds OK but didn't use it today.  Recorded a fast version of Fomalhaut today, 144 BPM and generally interesting I think. Will send to Don.

Someone bought all the JIC online albums, which is nice as I rarely mention their existence these days. Good to know Phil's guitar is being heard.

I've been growing more and more tempted to add the Model D to my minimal studio. In my current project I've reduced the Analog Four to just 2 channels with the second doing some kind of unsatisfactory sequence noise. I could reduce it still further to a single channel doing pads without too much extra complication - even putting the Model D through the A4's effects. I'd still be limited to the same audio and MIDI channels so I don't think this will be the overbalance point. If it is, I'll pop it back. Would consider the Ody but it's too large. Behringer even helpfully added a MIDI thru, without which I'd have been scuppered without nicking one of my other thrus.

Have finally started using a second OT Part. Decided to do a set of alternate mixes for the 'stars' tracks and having different MIDI channels/patch changes for the Blofeld/OT samples all makes sense when you have the Arranger loaded with the correct tempo, patterns etc. Being forced to use the OT for everything is making me appreciate it far more than when it tried to play along with other things.

Sunday, did a groovy one based on Betelgeuse. Has too many basslines at the mo but rough mix shows the good bits. It's a bit jazzwank at times with the FM vibes but what the feck! Don wrote a song based on one I sent the other day. Wooo! It's all good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwPYk2Klfl7/





No comments:

Post a Comment