Friday 19 April 2019

Small de-clutter, oh and 'Good' Friday is here, apparently

You'll laugh at this, but I removed the Behringer Model D from Studio B. I did it because it sounds so much better than the Analog Four that the A4 felt pointless and superfluous. So I've reverted to the simpler setup and having to work to make the A4 sound half-decent. Besides, it had overflowed onto an adjacent table and I know how that always goes.

Today I really wanted to start a painting but have absolutely no ideas about what to paint. Time for some abstract explorations methinks. Baby coming tomorrow evening for a few days, well he'll starting school in September so I guess he's a baby no longer. Will be the youngest in his year I think though but it'll do him the world of good. Time flies by more obviously when you see kids growing up, possibly why I've tried to shield myself from it in my ageless bubble.

Pat's hand-me-down iPhone working well, although the camera is a bit shit and out of focus. Can use it for now though and get one if I decide I like it.

The world is very upset at Notre Dame's fire and I wish there was similar emotion about the willful destruction of our environment. I mean, there won't be any massive old oaks to replace those burnt.

Little lad came in the afternoon but I did get a bit of studio time this morning. Explored my poppy Minilogue xd and asked Korg, who suggested there was a voice update in the last firmware. I'd read this but the docs say you're prompted if it's needed - still, the fact they directed me to it gives me hope. Could be Saturday before I get chance to try but would be great if it was fixable without a return to base. Not sure they will ever forgive me for my envelope complaints but the fact the developers took a different approach this time is enough.
Made a few patches in which the joystick sweeps through voice mode - nice effect if you have chords selected. More of that to explore when I have time. I also want to see if I can make my weird little setup do some totally ambient tracks.

Thursday. Oh dear. The voice update made the pops almost go away - but sadly they introduced a click which wasn't there before. Have sent audio to Korg with description on how to recreate so we can discover if it's just mine or everyone's. Really losing faith in them when it comes to software envelopes and maybe losing faith altogether, which would be tragic as I've always been a Korg lover. Here's hoping for a solution...
No response all day, which may or may not mean something. I may drop Gordon a line as he's probably reviewing it, or could have done it already. As he missed the god-awful 'rtz' on the first model he might be into taking a look for me and pushing it.

Woke this morning, Friday, stupid O'clock, realised there's still a full day and night and probably most of Saturday morning of toddler minding. Desperate to get into studio and work on more tunes, especially as the one from last week has become something really cool, really quickly. Desperate for some peace and quiet actually, but doing my best to hold it together for Pat's sake.







No comments:

Post a Comment