Thursday 19 August 2021

Friday again, the 13th Tim reminds me

 Listening through a selection of the new tracks and trying to find some kind of narrative or identify the kind of material missing. Really liked one of Tim's 'old chemical' pix - indeed I thought it was a painting. Would make a great cover for something. 

Yesterday the maintenance kick won out - only amounted to going round the house perimeter sealing the gap between house and concrete, already thinking about winter and heavy rains. The new airbrick covers seem to work - surprising considering how they are attached. Just need a barrier for the front door/porch now, which I think I'll have to make myself. Tony dropped round to tell me about his new van - good job we didn't go walking this week though as the M6 was closed for several hours yesterday, yet another big crash around junction 32/33.



Some phone shots from my walk up Tockholes (Thursday). Almost makes the image of a seal in the watery one, lucky bubble catch. Very weird going up there without Jasper though, some days it's still painful. 

Sunday now, listening through several versions of 'Shantung' that I recorded and realising none quite hit the mark. I thought the best was when the Zoom filled and crapped out but that's not right either. Giving up and will start something else - can't force 'em through if they don't want to come. Today I have to tell my mum I can't come next Sunday as taking Marg to hospital. Will do another day instead, prob Saturday. 

Had a weird dream last night in which I was in a shop looking at a slimline new Virus synth (with 39 keys!) - looked like a cross between the Gleeman see-through and that new ultra-thin 101 clone. Just shows I'm no better at directing dreams to go where I want. 

Monday, weather turned a bit grey. Not sure what I'm up to this week yet. Have a feeling I should find a way to start using my middle setup more. Have barely touched that MS20 since I got it. 

We walked on Wednesday but it was a bit grey and couldn't see a thing from on tops. Shortened walk but still managed to do one weird loop. Good old us! Tony's new van jolly splendid. 

Thursday and I did a thing so all peachy. Wrote more of my 'feathered serpent' fight scene, hopefully got it right. Friday tomorrow so here's a few shit pix from yesterday:






No comments:

Post a Comment