Saturday 4 December 2021

Cold so doing more novel than studio pottering

 Title says it all really. Pat away on Thursday for a few days grandkidding, so I'll stock up on RK and curry favour with myself for a while. Now I've started writing more about the lizard end of things I'm having more fun, so I suppose that's healthy. The whole thing seems to be working well, to me anyway, although I'll still have to go over it all again at the end adding a bit of description and padding and whatnot. I think it's been helpful to read so much Jasper Fforde - a proper writer showing how it's done. Not that I'm claiming any great strides forwards, sure it'll be as shit as all the rest! ;)

Pablo 'definitely' going home tomorrow. 

I guess I should do more Super 6 testing but seems like the beta testing was a brief thing that's dried up already. And I was away for most of it, getting just a couple of days before the firmware was released. Still feel the mod matrix is wonky in several ways but, also, not a huge thing to me since I don't use it extensively. More pressing is still lack of DDS2 fine tune and that annoying LFO2 behaviour. Suppose I should feed in an external LFO and use the CV input. 

A thought struck me this morning: I've spent decades listening to Roedelius that would have been better spent listening to Moebius. Heresy? 

Well, Pablo went home and was very excited to do so, which is a relief all round. In the evening I put out the collaboration with Paul Ellis, timing unfortunate though as Pat had been counting on my help to wrap presents and picked almost the exact moment I was in deep chat with Paul sorting out the final details. Hadn't realised that I was involved so I was in trouble for not picking up on the signs - led to a gloomy evening with lots of threatened martyrdom and brooding silences. She's off down south tomorrow so hopefully will be in better mood when she comes back. 

Anyway, I'm quite pleased by this and it's nice to work with a fellow stoner, even if so far away. Today (Wednesday) I can't seem to make any headway with anything at all. 

Saturday, excellent track (Dizzard) with Tim. At least it seems that way to my stoned mind right now.

Half ten, finished Tales from the Loop on Netflix, gonna order the score. Now a last G&T and some novel stuff while the 3 hour reindeer thing rungs in the background. Bliss. 





Yep that's about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment