Yeah, a somewhat radical (and quick) decision given how much I've enjoyed playing with Alt - but one of those small, crappy knobs starting to fail already robbed me of confidence in it, plus there's the on/off envelope thing that will always grate. Rather than get a refund, which Signal were happy to do, I decided to try an Atrium instead. Not quite the same in terms of drone/arpeggiation style, filtering or just simplicity of patching and interaction - but with its own moving, grooving thing going on, assuming I can live with the sparkly lights in my darkness. May need to put it in the brighter half of the studio just because of that. Anyway, that's what I went with and, in theory, it's coming tomorrow. You may think me bonkers and, right now, I couldn't disagree. Time will tell how nutty I am and whether I can master the thing before Pete arrives on Friday!
Did a fault report for the MPC about the bloody annoying way long audio clips are handled. If they ask for a video I have a few on the phone ready.
Aye, Colin is now in love with an AI code writer, and has declared that coding is now irrelevant but ideas rule. Golly! So I should expect a revision of the Cirklon history, presumably written by an AI too. Won't hold my breath though.
Oh yes, Colin asked his AI friend to create an image of me looking happy to have playlists in Cirklon. Then added "when stoned". Hoho.
Wednesday was a great day with Atrium, feeling my way around and cocking up a save of a very cool thing (did record it though). It's a real instrument, feels that way already. RND turned up but didn't immediately sync to MIDI clock.Duncan advised analogue clock and that is working - not so easy getting good loops on MPC as it is on BB though.
Hopefully a full-fledged sesh tomorrow. The stuff I've grabbed from RND already useful and once I bring in Atrium, reckon that'll do as my gear for gig.


No comments:
Post a Comment