Saturday, 8 August 2026

August is so often a sad month

 Don't you think? It's the last month of summer and, in theory, one of berries and apples and the nights drawing in. We've already made jam in July though and our apples are looking pretty good, what with all the sunshine. This week's meant to be hot again so hopefully I'll still get some time to think about preparing some material for when Pete comes. Pascal has been in touch and wants to do some collaborating too, so that'll be good. 

It is Monday and I was up early walking the dogs. It's nice cos you then have a better chunk of the day, although Broc was holding his leg and not looking well as we got home, something I've seen once before. Ongoing Margaret saga I won't bother writing here as my blog's been miserable enough lately. 

An excellent day. Tim's P3 driving the JD-XA gave me instant sequences - even sent patch changes that worked so I was pretty much ready to start. I remember starting a few things when I thought the other P3 was wonky. Anyway, now have three starter songs in Cm so the Ideation prep done and to be developed and embellished when Pete here  Added P2K for MPC to sequence then the MPC can do a few bits on top of all the MIDI and audio loop grabs. P3 fixes everything. I can grab the P2K noises for the gig to save taking it if necessary. 

Tuesday felt a bit limp and I trimmed trees until the garden bin was full before having another Alt sesh. For a good while it produced nothing but mulch and I repinned the whole thing a couple of times in search of inspiration. Then, just as I was about to power off, it began producing this sweet and magical melodic flurry. I captured it but it made me realise that it's far less about the connections than it is about making very subtle changes to the movement speeds and depths to stimulate the arpeggiator. Compared to all my other synths, this one stands alone for insisting on the tiniest of changes and listening before doing more - not even the Synthi is this detail-obsessed, although it's the one that comes closest. I did some stuff on the Cric too, just continuing to explore the patch with the envelopes passing on to each other which is still yielding delights. 

Wednesday and I got a short MPC sesh in trying out some new P3 patterns along with the same formula of JD-XA and P2K. I also notice pervasive aftertouch between the KSP and Minilogue XD. For the time being I set the XD's init patch not to respond to it but I need to do a proper analysis of the KSP's output and possibly report it as a fault. I really wish they had made it with a better quality keyboard, as I do the XD itself. Cheap shit plagues us all. 

Quite pleased with that action shot from this morning.
Also quite pleased with Friday afternoon's creation, again using Logic to refine slightly. 
https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/track/three-pins
Doing round robin stuff with Cric, Alt and Synthi, which seemed a darn good idea. 








No comments:

Post a Comment