Saturday, 1 August 2026

Cyma Forma Alt ends a patchy July on a high

 Monday is the day it arrives and I've already sent an update request. All this stuff with the envelopes led me to believe the buttons could trigger the new envelope modes - but the manual says no. For some reason only via MIDI and the arpeggiator do the envelopes kick in. Wtf? So while I was asking for stuff, I requested the LFOs change from square to triangle from saw to triangle, like the MS20. Never liked square waves as modulators. Possibly can't do though as the LFOs are analogue.

Tuesday and hopefully I'll get some time to play with Alt. As out chap didn't come last night getting Tim's help to move settee back into front room. Pat has noticed the hall and front room flooring are different so she wants the hallway one replaced... it never ends. It's EMOM tonight and I did briefly consider playing with Alt but as I have yet to properly have a go, that seems a bit silly, even for me.

Nah I decided to stay in after a few beers and a baggie with Tim. I like the Alt very much though. Did this as my first captures. https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/album/alternate-title It's NOT an album.



Today I explored Alt's MIDI, which was less fun than yesterday's bout of just playing it. Setting envelope values will probably work if I use Cirklon's Track Values and maybe sending a chord on channel 4 will work well too, as well as using channel 3 to transpose. Tested the envelope follower and so-called Buchla modes too but limited appeal for me. Tomorrow back to regular playing as that seems more natural.

Thursday was an excellent day with Alt, recording then starting a Logic song with some arranging to do and overdubs. Added a few gongs and big boomers too and will finish tomorrow before I get stoned. I'll have a longish piece of drones and shifting textures of a very particular type. Already have ideas for what I'll add in the three remaining bridging sections. 

Well, I ended the month with this. So I got a couple of decent things in July after all when it seemed like I'd get nothing at all. Used Logic again. 

https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/track/a-long-way-off





No comments:

Post a Comment