Well, that's Tuesday and today's still Sunday. I spent a wee while today loading up some of the new P3/MPC songs for further work. Good results by keeping the track count low, building stuff into my base DRM kit then adding suitable effects and learning to work around the bug where you don't see anything visible on a long-playing audio clip which is running its full length before ending.
Got the Real World rough mixes to listen to. Listened through a fair percentage of them.
Went to Glasgow and it were grand. Train was late so got compensation. Drank whisky picked at random, dunno whose instincts got the best but all tasted nice. Took a photo that only caught half the bar but you can see just how many bottles we had to choose from....
Took Izzy back, had a walk with Jan up Jeffrey. On Thursday Rob came and worked on kitchen. He's back tomorrow morning with plumber to finish. May get a Friday as it's supposed to be cooler. As expected the car service light came on. Not sure how many weeks since MOT but it always happens - gonna take it elsewhere for the service to see if cheaper. Didn't hear back from Pascal so he may be upset I missed his call Sunday. Was meant to be Pete here this weekend but we're really not ready and the guest room is still full of shit.
RND is coming although no actual shipping date given, just that they received it. Fancy doing a gig with just that and Octatrack, making shit up against whatever it generates. Then again fancying doing a gig and being bothered to leave the house are so often very different things.
A good friday. Did a new MPC track with some interesting shit going on. In Cm so usable when Pete comes. Will do some work in Logic tomorrow I think, beef it up since I was hearing with the rather good Zoom compressor on.
This arrived. And was well received.One of the Alt's small filter knobs is crackling. Not a good sign. And I don't think there are any others around to replace it with. Bugger. Oh and since 3.9.1 the MPC has definitely been less stable. Yesterday's thing sounded good but as recorded into Zoom with compressor on, is actually very quiet so I'll maybe need to leave that off. Live and learn.How I wish that were true.
Weather seems to be cooling off at last. Very welcome, had best night's sleep in ages last night.





No comments:
Post a Comment