Monday 11 June 2012

Glade Prep

Spent last night going through all my Cirklon songs and making sure none of them have the Octatrack try to play on the first beat. Eventually Colin's gonna add a programmable offset for sending prog changes that will get round this. For now, I can jump from song to song without stopping and still trigger the correct samples. In theory. Yes, I know the whole ambient bridge thing might be a little formulaic but needs must and all that! I'll make it a feature!

So the only thing stopping me playing "forever" would be a hostile audience armed with pitch forks. I'm hoping they'll be chemically calmed and into the idea of hours of meandering sequences instead... probably too late to write new stuff, especially as going out for a curry tonight. May get time for a run-through tomorrow evening - some of these things are mere sketches to be developed live. Oh the humanity!


Really, really wish that Octatrack did not silence samples that are already playing when a MIDI start is received. A total pain for ambient bridges is that. Similarly, if you're using Ext sync, it would be great to be able to send MIDI stop but have samples continue to play. You still have the onboard Octatrack stop button if you need it plus individual track stops. I think I need to convince Elektron of a few things but I don't think they do a lot of Ext sync, as evidenced by the recent Looper. If they had Cirklons they'd get it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment