Thursday 10 January 2013

Preston - what a shit hole

OK, it's been a while since I ventured into the place that only a few years back became a city but it's sure gone downhill. It's now full of cash converters, cheque cashers, fast food outlets, charity shops and pound shops - I kid you not. Oh and gambling dens. Plus lots of shops and businesses that are closed and boarded up or in various death throes, shop assistants stood at the door, not looking out into the world but down into their mobile phones.
Pat and I wandered round for a while, I went to the library and got three books for my hols. Decided on a Tom Holt, Harry Harrison and Peter F Hamilton, all of which should be good. I have to read some Harry Harrison as someone compared his stuff to mine.

Deliberately took a day off thinking about library work, going to start afresh this year and explore new avenues. Not gonna let the constant insistence of making changes and revisions bother me, totally understand why Carl M got fed up and he's a way better composer than me. If nothing I do is ever gonna be right for them, why put us both through the anguish? By the time I've worked the life out of any track I hate it and that's no good. It's taking a lot of the pleasure of making music away and if I don't have that what do I have?

New Gaudi album almost ready.

Seems unlikely that I'm gonna do much tommorrow, next week being a new week and all could be better. Could be...

No comments:

Post a Comment