Thursday 30 May 2013

A minor success

Hey, they're all I aspire to really. But I got an email from the council's environmental lady after I contacted her regarding the new road and toad tunnels. They didn't know it was the largest breeding site for toads in the area (why would they, they're only the local council?) but now they do she's putting in more measures for protection. Not stopping the road, nothing can do that, but could be tunnels and other crossing stuff. Even if it means I have to go out there with a lollipop I will!

Went to Garstang market and got a lovely curry, starving now cos it's fasting day but nearly done.

Wrote Andy a review of malestrum. A bit OTT perhaps but what the heck. I'd hate to review music as any kind of job though, impossible task!

Backing up Octatrack. Considering taking the Perfourmer instead of SH101 to Gareth's party. Would mean taking that little keyboard too but could maybe add my SX700 delay to the flightcase and avoid having the Eventide floating around. Can never make my mind up on this stuff! Did some groovy new Octatrack patterns, including one where I have the last step of a pattern set the rate to 32. I can then slip into a new pattern and the whole thing will play through at half speed (this is a static drum skel 32 bars long), providing I don't have any trigs there changing it.  Did some fun stuff with violin and ethereal vocal samples making them into weird little tunes. Could probably avoid taking the ESX-1 too, realistically. Cirklon and Proteus can cover extra percussion duties and I'm populating more and more fill patterns. Course the pattern list for each track doesn't distinguish between ordinary patterns and fills on a track and maybe it should... Colin busy building so won't try and get that one in. Song-level patterns and fills would be more important to me at the mo...

Relieved we didn't get camper van. Hoping bad karma visits itself on the second hand car dealer though as he revealed himself as a prime example of the breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment