Tuesday 28 May 2013

Another twist

So the van is no more, not entirely sure the garage guy loves us but I get to keep my lovely car and continue to crawl into my little tent at festivals. Weird to see Pat indecisive and I still worry that I changed her mind, although I tried my best to be supportive all the way. The idea now is we'll still go away but stay in nice, warm guest houses and hotels. With the money saved by not having a van we can afford some pretty nice hotels! Let's see if we end up going anywhere though...

I also applied for a job. Not the ideal shifts actually cos one is Saturday night (so will have to reschedule mum visiting day) but apparently there are lots of applicants so I shouldn't count chickens. The shift patterns would've meant very little opportunity to use camper van and I think it contributed to... hey, you don't care about this stuff. I fecking don't!

Job would mean I can tell library company to bugger off and would be free to carry on aimlessly pottering with my own music etc. Regular cash would mean we can basically spend our savings without fear and have a jolly good time rather than me worrying we're frittering them away. Shame it involves working Saturday night though, will get in the way of some parties and festivals I'm sure.

This week I've mainly worked on my novel. Been reading Douglas Adams which both intimidates and inspires. My prose needs so much work, no wonder his took a long time. Getting the right flow is a real artform.
 I know I should do some tunes for Gareth's party but the idea of totally winging it is appealing. I could maybe buy an Analog4 and just take that and the Octatrack, no Cirklon needed. Indeed, Cirklon is looking increasingly like the bit of kit I use just to name Octatrack patterns for easy access just cos I can't fit many synths in that little rack box. Can I be arsed with yet another rethink?

Still no sign of the cash owed by the twat who sold me the Yamaha, he's just pissing me about now and my sympathy for his mental issues is dwindling. A guy was selling an akai MiniAK locally, which would have been potentially good for gigs. If the cash comes I may put it towards that. Thierry did extensive work on my theremin, changing his design for the bass mod based on my feedback. Sounds like a real improvement, what a guy!

At least I slept last night, first night properly in a while. Wonder if that really was the van or something else? Getting old dude... too old for night shifts?

This has been yet another meaningless entry, for which I apologise.


No comments:

Post a Comment