Friday 31 May 2013

Sunshine

Well, the curry was excellent, the sunny afternoon seems to suggest beer and maybe making a start on that painting.



That's my best photo of this morning, one of the few where he didn't move as the (slow) click on my phone camera kicked in.
Listening to OMD's Sugar Tax - great album. Not totally sure why they covered Kraftwerk's Neon Lights (cos it's easy to play?) but it's all very nice indeed. Must remember to record Joolz tonight as they're on.

Right, gonna make some shortbread and chill.

Had some good ideas about Cirklon fills while out walking. Using accumulators and very short patterns I can have pitch, velocity, whatever rise for as long as I hold down the fill button. I'd need to put an accumulator reset in the main pattern I guess so each time I release the fill it's ready to start again next time. I could even use mask events that watch the accumulator and, after a limit is breached add new notes/events. Aye, set the fill pattern to tbase 32 then have it 2 steps long, second step conditionally masked. Then at the point you decide on in the progress of the accumulator, have the step become unmasked. You could have a snare that got gradually louder or higher in pitch then, after a while, flipping into double speed.

Blimey, just put the latest OMD on and had to turn down the levels on the CD player drastically. Seems they discovered Waves Ultramaximiser!!

Agreed to new review, sample library so short and it does look interesting too, which is always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment