Tuesday 7 May 2013

And so it goes

... that my life has become divided into days, each distinguished by some minor event or other. Perhaps it's the day when I put the bins out or go to visit my mother. Thursday is fasting day, although my ongoing viral thing has meant the last two Thursdays have not counted as being Thursdays. There's no indication that this has damaged the concept.

Today Phil was having his brain op. Having received a tweet from him, it seems they returned at least some of his brain. This is a massive relief.

So today is one of those days when Pat works. So I've cleaned out and fed her horse and now a meat-free burger is fizzling in the oven. Soon it will be joined by something out of a tin - mushy peas perhaps - and if I'm feeling especially gourmanghastic, a fried egg often fits well into this simple repast. Jeez, it's come to this, that I document the extent to which I have nothing worthwhile to record.

We visited the museum of Preston today. There were a few kids in wheelchairs there too looking quite disspirited at being there and in general I suppose. There was quite a high staff to visitor ratio but the coffee machine delivered a satisfying cappuccino. I believe I paid excessively for a creme egg. I'm trying to think of other highlights but failing miserably. If you've never visited Preston you're lucky. If you have visited Preston but have missed the museum, count yourself as partially lucky.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. I have nothing on my calendar for it so it's very possibly my blog entry will be equally verbose and equally pointless. I've typed just long enough for the burger to be almost eatable. Oh, I got a photo at the museum of my face gurning through a strange lens. If you're really unlucky, whoever you are who reads this thing, I may post it tomorrow. But that's enough excitement for one day...

Turns out more excitement was possible. I had some pasta stuff instead of the mushy peas. How's that for a status update? Perhaps I should tell you about my neighbour and his obsession with my fence? I caught him hitting it with a hammer yesterday although what, exactly, he hoped to achieve was unclear. Poor chap seemed very agitated so I will have a think what I can do for him.

And while I'm here:

No comments:

Post a Comment