Friday 11 March 2016

And finally Friday!

Hello Virtual Diary. You know by now that I love Fridays. Well, today was a great one. I walked on the fells first thing, listened to the new Binar album again, came home and found Pat had done the washing up. Had the pastie she got me yesterday then ascended to the attic to go through the gig track by track. I didn't remember to watch the vid but did at least play everything, set mixer up, get levels pretty much right, decided how I would plumb in the RC-505. . The 505 is used on sends but just from Blofeld. Woulda been nice to loop the 101 but starting to get complicated. Already pleased with that just as a solo synth for a change; the A4 effects per song are helping nicely. RC_505 effect also set up for some fun things, if I remember they're even there. 

I recorded a run through, marked the ones I think are best, tried to predict how long each might last. Not something I normally do but had fun noodling and thinking of solo parts. Aiming for about 10 mins each but there's lots of room to indulge and let any one extend. Could probably play for 2 hours very easily. Actually those were the best gigs, the long ones.

Simple pleasures! Here's my day in pix, starting with the wood and moors at Darwen.






Not even gonna use iPad for ambience - just my Blofeld, DD20, RC-505, SH-101, A4 (also sorting reverb and delay for 101), KS-4 and P3. The Blofeld and CME37 keyboard could (and will) be consolidated into a Blofeld Keys for live and the KS4 is being swapped with Picko for a KS-R so I'm not at optimum yet. But closer than ever. Using only the little Alesis 8 channel mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment