Wednesday 9 March 2016

Frolics, Fractals and Frottage

Fordlandia is excellent stuff, I really should get more of his.

Today as I sat in the sunshine playing with some review gear on earbuds, I caught myself smiling like an idiot. OK, that's the option I have for smiling but still... somehow it became my job to do this thing I love doing anyway! I did another review earlier, a 500-worder that ended up just 47 words too long. Easy to write as very impressed and I always enjoy that final read-thru looking for easy trims. Life eh?

Sometimes you find a grouping of gear that works so well together, a synth and an effects unit, whatever. Current fave is Waldorf Blofeld through a very long delay on the DD20 and this captured into a Roland RC-505 looper. Sounds convoluted but the results are really brill. Might consider a Blofeld Keys. Would miss poly aftertouch but have a simpler rig without those flimsy little connectors.

And hey, Duncan has a BloKeys he is willing to punt, so job done I think.
Swapping KS-4 for KS-R with The Dude on Saturday. He can't stay for gig. Hey ho. Using KS-4 of course so I'll leave it with someone...


Tomorrow will be about organising Blofeld patches to match the approximate order I'll need them, leaving Friday for a run-through with video. I spose there's a chance I'll be quite ambient but hopefully people won't be snoozing. I'll try and wake them up at the end with something.

Hey ho, another day in La La Land... which should be available soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment