Friday 18 March 2016

Liminal Entity

Well, as it was the Ides of March, I decided to publish 'Liminal Entity'. It's here

I didn't do much of a description for it, nor did I think about the cover, just used the sketch idea I had at the start. It's weird but my confidence in it is very low; I still don't think I'll ever top 'Future Art Factory'. But I'll keep trying, definitely learning. I plan to finish 'From Beer' and then write something a bit easier - not try to be so damn clever-pretending-to-be-stupid.

Listened to the gig recording. Actually not bad, apart from the occasional solo I played that was just plain iffy. It's always a sign I'm not comfortable and lack of monitoring and no video did unsettle me. I think I should try and do a few performances direct from home via the net a la Jez.

I did a clicking envelope test with a new review synth. Like many recent synths it has software envelopes but unlike others, its designers really gave envelopes some thought. Hence there's the inevitable 'return to zero' mode with its annoying clicks but there are two analogue modes too, maintaining the envelope level on re-entering the attack phase. Guess what, if you switch to either of these, the clicks go away. Who'd have thought? Well, not the great ocean of internet experts...

My pal Grant wrote a nice document about envelopes I can use in future campaigns, if I ever get the stomach for them again.  I wonder if I can paste it in here? NO, doesn't look like it.

Ah well, here are some of Phil Booth's excellent pix:










I even wore the same shirt as our Minilogue video :)

No comments:

Post a Comment