Friday 7 July 2017

New books and CDs

In an attempt to keep myself amused, I've been buying stuff. A pile of supposedly classic sci-fi and a random selection of albums, including Earth by Vangelis (great from 1973), OMD's Dazzle Ships (dunno why this one passed me by, could be the awful cover), and Public Service Broacasting - a live album. Oh and some Ligeti piano stuff, some of which I'd heard before on 'Eyes Wide Shut'.

Of the books, I've read Revelation Space by Alistair Reynolds (good) and have started Roger Zelazny's Lord of Light but I'm not far in and reserving judgement for now. Still to come are Dan Simmons' Hyperion and books by Cixin Liu and Samuel R Delany. Oh and I ordered the 3 David Gemmells we somehow don't own, or at least can't find.

And I sent DSI $200 for a replacement Pro 2 mainboard to fix my problem. Funnily enough a problem that wasn't massively bothering me - but as DSI refund the bulk of that when they get the old board back it's well worth doing, unlike the V-Synth board replacement which was silly money (and which will probably only go again in the same way in the future, as indeed it already did).

Today I'm lazing in the sun, not doing anything remotely like work. Babysitting for a few days too so work will be a distant memory.

Hmm Friday here. Jasper limping this morning, same leg as usual. Think we're going to have to make the walks shorter. Touch of arthritis and a wonky arse, nothing good about getting old.  Further into Lord of Light and enjoying. One of those books I'll probably get more out of the second time through, which is alright by me.

New album seems to have gone down rather well for a series of spontaneous/stoned sketches. Can't see myself ever going back to DAWs and arrange windows and bar counting.

Baby coming later, so no Friday afternoon indulgence :(

No comments:

Post a Comment