Thursday 13 July 2017

Plodding on

Ringing UPS proved to be another disappointing experience. Apparently I can't pay once the item is in transit to the delivery depot. When it arrives I can, but I won't know that, although they can recommend an app. Groaning I eventually got the guy to say I could pay the driver. Who will come sometime, there's probably an app for that too.

Today we heard the new conservatory is starting this week - with the knocking down of the old one on Thursday. I have several competing ant colonies to relocate before then, would feel too guilty otherwise.
Another good PRS, getting a bit mad really. Next week I'll draw my first pension too so really should slow down. Alas the book is now demanding time and slowing down will have to be put on hold a while yet. Spent the day editing and making suggestions.

Wonder when I'll next get into the studio?

Ah, the Pro 2 adventures continue. Board arrives, I pay up.
Then I followed the steps they gave me, including clearing/initialising the calibration, downgrading the OS, calibrating again. Oddly it made no difference to my board. However, since the new board was already running an old OS, I tried calibrating with the cutoff knobs at Minimum then Maximum, which produced a clear improvement. The filter almost closes.
So what I did then was cunning. I upgraded this board but didn't touch the calibration. It now works much better, than before, suggesting to me that the cockup is in the later OS (1.3) calibration routine.
I've suggested that's where to look and that if there's an OS fix, there are a couple of other things outstanding too.  We'll see.
Oh, and in the debug menu they showed me there's an option to copy user banks over the factories, which is pretty cool. So not all is bad... but hey, they should have taken more interest before all the hassle of sending PCBs across the Atlantic!

Thursday, builder meant to come, didn't. So I did some book editing then got bog-eyed and went outside.
 I'm now well into Hyperion and encounter an AI who is ready to take residence in an organic body with an organic brain. I should at least be pleased he isn't called Gloolup Curiosum but simply Johnny.
You know, I'm starting to think that reading sci-fi is going to prove ultimately depressing and demoralising. Yes, I have no original ideas, no I don't want that confirmed. Thank you very much world.


No comments:

Post a Comment