Friday 14 July 2017

Round and around

Giving up chasing DSI Support. Apparently "the second filter's minimum cutoff point will never be as low as the first filter due to the architecture of the filter's electronics." which sounds like bollocks to me. If a problem can't be fixed by replacing the main board (i.e. the whole synth), it seems like too much trouble to address, like the MIDI clock reception thing. I still suspect version 1.3 calibration routines but got mine as good as I can, moving on. I think I'll avoid future issues in my traditional way.

Builders working Friday so I will plod on with book editing if I can.
Update: builders did sod all. Well, they dug a hole and asked for money. No idea whether to expect foundation / concrete over weekend but suspect not. I kinda chilled in the studio rather than chasing them and getting wound up. Made drones on the Pro 2 using 4 external CV sources. Good fun really. Missing my conservatory though, probably fave room in the house and we've had it knocked down!

https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/pro2-drone

Finished a bit more for the book, returned Pro 2 board, tried to get the info from UPS concerning my claim, no response as yet, guess they want me in their phone system again. Completed Hyperion (very good) and ready to start Fall Of next.

Synthfest being advertised, presume I'm not much involved this time. Will be rather nice to go across on the day, maybe even take the train, potter around, talk to people. Must see if Tony's coming.

Tim home from Bulgaria. Soon be time to start the begging messages to get a nice book cover ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment