Thursday 20 July 2017

Sunshine, builders, inertia

Still at the stage of having started my retirement but being tied up doing things or, worse, waiting for others to do things. A pile of bricks just appeared so I guess that could mean builders are not far behind. I just want this job done so I can get on with my life! Apparently concrete coming too and being dumped into the trench ready to start brickwork tomorrow.

Today would have been lovely to wander up to the Lakes.

Got relevant data from UPS to make my claim. Filled in form, need to take to library and print then send.



Getting towards the end of Fall of Hyperion, given up taking notes of the similarities and conceptual coincidences. And I thought it was fantasy where all the tales had already been told?  Maybe all this stuff is more obvious than I thought. Good job mine's written in the style of shallow farce - the only qualities that set me apart! ;)

Brickie dude did quality work today. Then we hear they don't plan to do anything else for a whole week - yes, construction starts next Thursday. Gonna ring up and moan tomorrow, feckers. I didn't take a photo today but basically we have a nice wall and a concrete base but it'll be another weekend with nowhere to hang out.

Another module arrived today. Aaargh! Still working through my new day job as Mr Editor. Took Jasper to have more arse analysis. Vet recommends staged feeding rather than letting his evening meal sit on his colon all night. Also will take him out for a late night walk to encourage movement. Ah, it's tough getting old. And to quote from one of my own novels "It's always the arse that goes first!" Yeah, wisdom like that don't come cheap. Oh, actually it does.

I've been to the gym 3 times this week. Tomorrow I shall drink. Dunno if I'll go see Nik Turner on Saturday. Usually do of course, in spite of the old kazoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment