Wednesday 29 April 2020

A virtual pub but no rub-a-dub-dub

Sunday morning, or so it appears to be. I sat in on the Airsculpture/RMI/Boddy Zoom session but not sure I totally got what was going on half the time. Didn't really fit in.

This morning I'm mostly listening to tracks from the new Roedelius album, which so far sounds very good. It has the same pic as the one on the front of his book. Later I'll listen to the track I did yesterday, straight to stereo, and see if it feels close enough for multitrack. It's weird how I look at Octatrack's arranger now and wish Cirklon could match some of its tricks - not least starting at any point and setting the length independently of lengths set in patterns.

I might do another of my 'gear I like' posts. Let's go see what pix I have...

Time has passed. Several days I expect. Today I went shopping. None of them black rubbery things so yet again foiled in my lasagne making - did a bollocknaise instead. I appear to be buying just a fraction more beer each week.

Today I recorded a 15 min drone piece on 4 tracks of the Zoom. The bounce is realtime so that's a drag - but despite not hearing the first 2 tracks, the final thing sounds rather splendid. Just Synthi and Pipe, plus the usual bath of effects. Turns out that whistling through the Pipe is eerie but in a good way.

Next few days I almost hope the grey weather continues as I feel like doing some music and rattling off a few chapters. I'm running the next few scenes around in my head before committing to typing them out, which should help the flow. Dear old the flow.



No comments:

Post a Comment