Friday 3 April 2020

Friday again!

Yesterday the Roedelius autobiography arrived.


I managed to get through the first couple of chapters, which are quite difficult in terms of structure and word flow. It looks like it starts properly in the next chapter so looking forward to that. I get the sense that The Book has had no editor around to cast a beady eye over it - I dearly hope there aren't too many more paragraphs that last several pages! ;)

Today I might continue with the thing I've been working on, maybe make a lengthier, more spaced-out version of it and record on a few more tracks than two. I have a section to get through on the novel which should be fairly straightforward, and I must resist getting drawn into subplots too much - I noticed I was referring back to a novel written years ago (on the Atari ST!) which was called 'Renamed and Dangerous'. I never did anything with that, and when I occasionally find partial prints of it in the attic, I realise why - it was shit. Hopefully I will eventually get the hang of this writing lark.

Back still sore. Hasn't really improved all week, which is disappointing.  My plans to do a video have so far come to nothing. Think I'd rather try and find a melody for my new thing, even if really simple and unfussy - all attempts so far have been cheesy and uncomfortable.

Did what I think is good thing, 25mins of indulgence, forgot to save as wav so can't put on bandcamp as freebie but will do tomorrow. It sounds cool to me but, you know, it's Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment