Sunday 19 April 2020

And the wheel turns..

Yeah, Thursday again, got a reminder on Radio 4 this morning that some of my lizards need to have feathers. Went to Sainsbury's, treated myself to sushi for lunch. Getting inside was like queueing at an airport, except the only destination was for coffee and dog food. Now back trying to type - over my growing gut. Contemplating whether to record some music or continue sitting in the sunshine.

Yesterday I bought a couple of downloads - one from Polypores (good) and one from Ulrich Schnauss, which was terrible. Meant to be improvisation but just really poor and uninspired - I'd have been embarrassed to put it out. Polypores did a nice, minimal, unfussy, light and appealing set of tracks that are ideal for the current sitting around phase.

Well, it's Sunday. Getting up to speed, I did a track, which I later deleted. Amused to see people who like the post, even though if they clicked on the link it would tell them it wasn't there. I guess we're all serial likers these days - I do it too. I should do a better version of it though - depends on Colin fixing the voice allocation thing, on which the JD-XA part depended. Nice to have a bit of time to chat online while developing stuff. A bit like the old days.

Just listened to an online Roedelius gig using Zoom. So that's a new thing for me. Sound quality was poor though - I might have to try in dark front room rather than on Wifi extender in lovely sunshine. I didn't look too much at the chat but there was some talk about a 'complete' version of the Roedelius story - a 600 word version of the Stephen Liffe book. Could be that folks who bought the other big book are still going 'huh?'. I definitely have as many questions as I had before.

Nothing else to report, which is fab! The skies continue to be blue, unblemished by planes all day today, as far as I've noticed. How cool would it be if this thing carried on forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment