Saturday 4 April 2020

I'm guessing that was Saturday

Good day. Weather nice, back still a bit sore but lubricated later. Did a few tracks - in fact I think I did an album or an EP anyway. All based on loops found in the RC-505 but still in there, presumably because  I thought they still had something to give. They sure do at 70BPM!!!!

I jammed over the top on the Hydrasynth, either on CME keyboard or its own pads, mostly the latter. It sounded mighty fine with some 505 reverb too, added over the older loops. Not sure how many tracks I did but I kept going having decided the formula worked. Didn't mix it perfectly but that might turn out to be OK, except for that one.

A couple of hints on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-j96fQh8Ow/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-j3g6FBV6J/

Tomorrow will listen properly, do some basic mastering and probably put up somewhere, either as single merged track or as individuals with fades.

Had the oddest conversation with a neighbour asking if I was 'fed up with all this nonsense'. He considered there were three positive results from the current crisis. I apologise because I have forgotten the first. The second was that 'you don't hear from that Greta Thunberg' and the third involved the cricket being stopped. I did suggest that her point had been successfully made (Greta's) and that the River Lostock was running clear every day. He was reminded of something about Venice. Yes clear now and tomorrow rather than once in a blue moon (and always sporting a frothy head). Anyway, I made my excuses and left, as the Sun reporters used to say, except I actually did it cos I was taking Jasper out.
I came home and fully intended to work on the novel. Currently listening to the ambient stuff again.

Roedelius book is going to be a hard slog, I think. You might think I'd moan that the poems aren't translated into english but no.



No comments:

Post a Comment