Monday 5 November 2012

Good Monday

We managed to get the old printer going with CD printing, so a good morning. Afternoon did a few bits and pieces, sent off Vic's CDs and the Clouseau one for the guy in Germany. Not as good as I remembered it, maybe not a good idea to hear some of these old things.

Amusingly, copying "42" a cassette I did back when I still had the home organ. I can hear Peter's drum machine that I borrowed, that Ibanez phaser, the great british spring, Elka stringsynth, very unsubtle, Yamaha CS10. My bass pedal playing is so bad it's almost, but sadly not quite, ironic. The organ had a string synth too. It sounded terrible but I seemed not to have noticed.

The Headshock stuff we recorded on the 3rd. I did very little except boost the levels and trim a few peaks, even kept in the distortion although de-crackled in a couple of places where it was too annoying. Anyway, what was I saying, I think it sounds really good stuff. The Octatrack fiddling I was doing combined with Tim's Microsampler, Elka, SH1, Prodigy. Oops, just heard some more bad cheese on the tape that's currently being copied. What was I saying, oh shit I really didn't care about bum notes in those days either. Thank Heavens for Logic, LOL. Jeez that sounds dreadful, wonder if I should lose the tape? Heheh...portamento lead solos. Yowch, gotta get soloing out of your system early. Or learn to play. Hehe, took the path of least resistance...


No comments:

Post a Comment