Tuesday 13 November 2012

Started to work on new review even thought not written up old completely. Wanted the new thing to bed in over time so the sooner I put on all software, look at it, try things, think about it, the better.

Very happy with the opening thing I wrote tonight. It'd been a bit empty and characterless until then.

Have planned out my new Prodigy mods, Paul going up to get his Mini so he will take it for me, save the drive. I will go up whenever ready, may be able to get his SH-1 if Tony has done it. I mentioned the FM mod.

My new mods, in case anyone's interested in this shit:

LFO Destination 3-way switch above the mod wheel. Left means VCO1, Middle both, Right means VCO2.

I've been trying to analyse the weird waveform I sometimes get from the LFO when the switch is misbehaving and reckon it's something very like a triangle but with very inwardly curving exponential shape, like a very thin unstable blip. An LFO that does that please. Will record example.

LFO speed switch - I've seen some Prodigies with a switch to give the LFO a much faster speed. Not essential but would be nice.

Momentary switch to defeat keyboard triggering of envelopes. Just something like the button on the Digisound EG (not in function), When you release it the envelopes are triggered normally but when held down they just drift away in the release phase. Would really like much longer releases. I know, I know.

Green LED instead of red.

That's enough. Combined with previous mods (anyone interested? I'll note down if so) these will make the Prodigy my perfect solo synth, searched for for many years.

Magic shortbread kicking in, back to writing stuff... :)

Good progress, took break to post this, Tim supplied incredible haunting picture

http://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/something-comes

No comments:

Post a Comment