Friday 2 November 2012

Small steps

Well, after a painful birth all is peachy with that one track. Hopefully will get more to do soon and the chance to do a few before holes are picked in them and I lose all joy! Spent yesterday waiting for a workman who never came. It gave me chance to sit and write my latest review but reading back half of it is woffly philosophy rather than good, readable text. Still better than FM though! Actually bought that mag for the first time in many years but there are slim pickings. I wanted to know about the Microkorg XL as I thought there were meant to be mellotron samples in it - but no mention of them in the "review". So I'm none the wiser. It looks nice but it's all style and little substance, which is weird cos I'm sure I read a review a year or so back in WH Smiths and thought they were getting a lot better. Ah well, way of the world I guess.

This afternoon think I'll take time off and have Tim round to make noises. Workman allegedly coming but Pat can deal with him. Don't like having loft open when workmen around and we'll have to keep the smoke down too. So won't be the usual relaxed atmos.

Was very pleasantly surprised by the number of people coming out of the woodwork to say they liked, really liked Future Art Factory. Makes me wonder if I have deviated too much from the style with the new one but let's see what feedback I get. Couldn't persuade Iain Banks to write even a one-liner for me. I guess that was a cheeky thing to ask but you have to try. I even offered to listen to his music. Hey ho.

Well well, another day that didn't go to plan. Workman dude was here all afternoon, no music was made, worked on review and agreed to do another - of a competing product. Having lots of good vibes about alternative workflows and am really starting to think of ditching Logic. May be worth looking at Ableton again with the new version out... the new door looks excellent. The guy did a brilliant job, can't deny it. As usual Pat was right and I was wrong. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment