Monday 12 November 2012

Mmmm a wet Monday, let's see, what's up? Saw Agitation Free in Manchester on Friday night, very enjoyable even if they didn't play an encore. Michael seemed to indicate they weren't allowed but seemed a shame to me. Drank too much, missed the train I'd intended and ended up on the last one to Preston so poor Pat had to come fetch me. Felt rough Sat morning, that last Monkey's Shoulder hitting me hard...

Worked on stuff over weekend, reviews coming along nicely but itching to get to do some of my own stuff. Read the new Culture novel (Hydrogen Sonata), which was OK, a bit routine perhaps. Feels like he's very comfortable with the limits he's set and doesn't want to be too adventurous. A good read though but has made me keen to go back over classic Culture novels again.

I plotted out the second novel in my own current series, switching back to more character-focused rather than plot-driven stuff as I think my plot will hold for the full three novels anyway. Must do more agent letters even if it all feels a bit futile.

I like the video for Elektron's new synth/sequencer. If it's the right price it could be very exciting. Aware that the Perfourmer is a bit large for any international stuff I might do so a small four voice analogue could be really useful. I wonder if they'll do something that's 80% brilliant 10% wacky and 10% downright hair-pullingly frustrating? All part of the fun!

Right, domestics day. Taking Les to hospital, then shopping, back to writing in the evening. Waiting for feedback on updated KBB tracks, fingers crossed. May also need to look at that Izotope Ozone mastering thing I installed but didn't immediately like... have 10 days to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment