Tuesday 12 November 2013

jicarc04 squared roots and shared toots

Yes another silly title but what do you expect? :)

https://jointintelligencecommittee.bandcamp.com/album/jicarc-04-squared-roots-and-shared-toots

I should have had this out before but I've been busy. I look at the huge pile I have yet to even listen to and wonder if I'll ever finish. Especially as there is a LOT of Headshock material now stacking up.



So today I didn't achieve much except getting this out. Listened through Radiopticon 2.1 and now I think it's ready for a few more ruthless edits. It's still basically 70 mins long and I've done the main tweaking, tamed the acoustic guitar slightly. I really like the sound of that guitar and I think it works well. I also removed some of my overdubs because they were unnecessary. There's one mad rhythmic section I'm going to prune also and then it's just down to top and tailing each individual track and seeing what we have left. Pretty good for what's essentially one day's creation, one day's overdubbing and one day's editing.

Sent some review gear back today, one of which I'd like to have kept a while. Always the case.

Now I understand some of those emails and general questions "what synth do I need to make xxxx?" as I really want a microphone and have no idea which to get. Not a dynamic one is about all I know but next time I borrow Tony's I'll make a note of what it is and just get the same. ;) Would've been handy for the violin the other day, plus I need to get some cymbals and gongs. I think it's time Headshock branched out a bit.

No time for novel, should press on with next review although it's really almost written in my head. No use up there of course. Some interesting synths just cropped up for sale including Korg 700S which I do fancy. May not be able to afford it, or at least justify the cash which isn't quite the same thing. Should make more practical purchases.

Listening to Moebius/Plank and loving it. Have not done any work chasing library companies but I did make a lovely chilli. What, I'm supposed to make sense now? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment