Friday 29 November 2013

Must've been a busy week...

It's possible anyway. I've been working on tracks for the new US library, have four that are pretty much finished. They may be actually finished but I just lack confidence they're absolute killers and know in my heart of hearts that more work won't make them substantially better. Will run by Paul later. Also finished the  biggish review I'd been doing and sent it off, then started two new ones (softsynths). I say "started" but that may be overstating it. :)

What else? I used my new Rode NT1a in a track - worked well but the track was eventually discarded. Did a little proofreading of Cirklon manual and played with new step input mode, pointed out a bug and one thing that's a bit wonky, but it's released into the wild now anyway. Step input poly and mono is really cool actually and even though a work in progress I'll be using it a lot. In fact, I have half-promised to do a new beginner's video today because someone's struggling with basic workflow. It really depends on whether I complete the library tracks and can get the video set up easily for a one-take, one camera quickie. Don't want to get into complexity as it's Friday after all.

Oh, I ordered an Arturia Microbrute. Dunno why really but the sequencer was probably reason enough. Have got a bit fed up waiting for the custom BS2 OS that adds the changes I need. I really do prefer non-programmable stuff so the SH-101's reign is not threatened. Speaking of which I now have the 101 through my Moogerfooger ringmod and it's proving a nice combination. Ditto for the Xone filter which is sweetening up the Microwave 2. Wouldn't mind another of those as it was also pretty effective on the Octatrack. Shame it takes so long to set stuff up on the Octatrack, I sometimes think it's only stubbornness that makes me keep it - I've put too much time into it to admit it's really a PITA much of the time. Rambling now, sorry.

Part of the pile of old cassettes I'd planned to transfer to the computer, project currently stalled as I broke my cassette deck!

Oh and I agreed to help out my mate's band as they're doing a full live version of Dark Side of the Moon. I guess I'll have to learn how to do "On the Run" on the Synthi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment