Monday 18 November 2013

New mic

Well, I don't buy microphones very often and I've been meaning to ever since our aborted violin recording. So I ordered the same one Tony had and which I used to record Mr Feng Shui that time, a Rode NT1a. I really do know nothing about these things so it's very possible something else would've worked better. The Roland delay should be here sometime this week too.

Today I attended to a few things with the latest review and fired up the "other review thing" just to have a first look. Even though I'm not saying what it is, cos of my "no spoilers" rule, I will say that my heart sank...

It's Monday evening and Pat works until midnight. I will crack on with some proper work. Library company wants some music on a theme a little out of my usual comfort zone, but then they always are. Nobody wants endless depressing drones, or if they do there's someone they always call on first. :)


Decided to sell the Copycat I got off Nick, just not using it as the sound is too dark and muffled and someone with skills needs to look at it. Passing it on same price I paid to a friend, as you do.

Good evening, shows what even the idea of doing some work does! Made very good progress on review, like the way it's looking and reading. Then worked on novel, fired on strangely enough by news that FAF can't be unpicked after all. Maybe it's just too darn layered, complex and ridiculous to tamper with any part,. The whole lot could so easily fall. Anyway, the various strands of Eternity Program suddenly feel more resilient. It gained a degree or two of reality, thanks in part to the magic shortbread. And beer. Tomorrow, I have some ideas for music to try out, another rarity. Shows I could still do something if I wanted, just a matter of attitude... silly old git! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment