Friday 1 November 2013

November's here

And still fairly mild, although we've had some heavy rain these last few days.

Michael Nyman was pleasantly odd, it was basically him, some simple but nice films, and a few sheets of his music strewn across the piano. He didn't say a word as he occasionally turned to face us, came out and bowed. Anyway, I enjoyed it despite the awful journey - fortunately he was almost late too. I bought a boxed set of three CDs, one of which is good, one naff, one excellent.

Been working on two reviews at once, not something I'd usually do but wanted to make a good start on both, plus both are proving to be fun. Always nice when that happens. The third thing that arrived I haven't switched on yet.

Meant to be going away next week, Tim also coming down to do some music so will have to juggle. At the astronomy thing got some posh new binoculars and they're really good - not the best optics maybe but great for stars and clusters. Contemplated flogging the etherwave plus, I still don't get on with that bass mod even though it sounds much better. Some days I can't seem to get it tuned at all and I've just lost interest. The Lostvolts will do me. Bought a Roland delay pedal with 23 seconds of delay. Well, why not? :)

Nowt else much to report, been busy but not done much music. Have yet to send the Tanzbar back. It sorta annoys me to have to as I've spent enough on it and who's to say it'll come back working properly after another journey.



From my walks this week, in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment