Saturday 21 June 2014

Sun, Synths, small amount of work

Yes, another glorious day. Programmed some new sounds and patterns on the A4, really starting to appreciate the fact that I can have so much stored and ready to go in there. Working to make some meaningful performances for each kit, doing variation kits with a few subtly different kits to apply to the same patterns - thinking that a command to instantly assign kits to multiple patterns would be quite nice. Also still think the pattern copy process needs to be slicked up, it's just too long-winded given you must switch to the right pattern swap mode before doing it every time. Kills the spontaneity. Made a couple of Moog Modular type patches, the envelopes are pretty good but I'm not 100% there. Close enough for now though.

Also forced myself to work on review, cracked on with one I've held off for a while. Could do more but the sun is so lovely and I'm re-reading David Gemmell's Troy series, starting to think that might even be his best. Such a loss, had hoped he'd be writing new stuff for years to come.

Someone sent me recordings of stuff I did at UK Eletronica 1984. Sounds like I played everything with extra sugar in those days, really quite cringeworthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment