Sunday 23 December 2012

Octatrack love/hate day

Well it was love right until the moment I accidentally cleared the current part. What the hell is the use of that function anyway? Still not sure what button combination I did - all I was trying to do was name the part and Func + Clear usually clears the part name so you can enter a new one. I must have hit some other combination though because it wiped all my samples, machines, the base parameters for everything and with no sign of an undo. It asks for confirmation when you're about to change the trigs for a pattern in the loop slice menu, which is one confirmation too many, but doesn't ask for confirmation when it's going to wipe two hours of fucking work.

You can tell I'm pissed off, right?

More of a rant than a blog but this machine really does drive me crazy some days. It could be so much better and friendlier, even with its many, many key combinations. But almost everything it does it backwards - to my thinking anyway.

Shutting up now. Hopefully the save I did earlier will still have most of the machine settings and I can recover some of the later patterns and add them manually somehow. Can't be arsed thinking about it now though, still angry which ain't the time to fix anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment