Saturday 22 December 2012

Upside-down faces

Just saw this newsreader on BBC1 who had the most amazing teeth. I mean they were white, lots of them, brilliant, but the fun thing was this: they were predominantly lower teeth, a few not so impressive ones on the top but a bottom row like those of a gleaming god. Or goddess, as it would be here.

Pat and I had the same idea at the same time, she looked like an upside-down face. But Pat's mind, faster than mine by a shade, suggested she'd be the ultimate upside-down face cos it would really do your head in.

And she's right, bless.

Saturday night and I have a cold sore.

Watched The Avengers, excellent!

Recorded a 15 min Synthi piece today and did some Trautonium sampling, much of it almost dry although I realised later I could've recorded the delay on inputs 3/4 as I could another person. Idiot, wasn't thinking and I do like playing with delay, makes it better. Some nice phrases captured though, a bit old-movie waily, slidey but I love that stuff. Almost like I can play violin! Will get into Octatrack and see what I can do with them. Has potential I think. The Synthi stuff, individual tracks, can go in too. Lots of ambient backgroundy things to mess with. May slice them into smaller chunks so I can trigger from single pattern (32 bars),

I REALLY wish that when you've set up a Trig and put lots of p-locks on it, that when you switch the trig off and on again, it remembered the stuff you'd just sent. It would only go back to the original raw part value trig if you fully cleared the trig first. May ask, you never know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment