Tuesday 19 March 2013

Context Is Everything

There, a fundamental truth. You don't get one of those from me every day, right? Someone added it, wisely I thought, to a discussion about live music.

I have just been preparing for live music as it happens. Putting sequences into the Octatrack for a change but a very worthwhile thing to do. Can add tiny pitch fluctuations and sound transformations as scene progresses. Got a new piece that's almost exactly that, sequences galore on Cirklon and Octatrack by the end of it and lots of scene progression. Sounds ace. I'll probably not use the kick and snare at Awakenings, unless we want to awaken them I guess.
Does using an Octatrack count as cheating? No as long as you don't prepare anything. Pah, impossible, for me anyway. It would drive me insane. Insaner.

Right, review to complete. Did not do any quiz music, tried, briefly, got nowhere.
Sent off invs - good month - phew.
BTW I timed the latency of the app I'm reviewing this afternoon. I wonder if it's time I replaced my iPad2? I would love to know what the latency is on other models, can see it's something that needs talking about.

Thank heavens for Cirklon's Latency Adjustment. Clever sod that Colin. I sent him a thankee email cos I usually whine at him. Have to remember the thankees.

No beer tonight, trying not to drink automatically when Pat's at work! OK, you guessed, I had some shortbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment