Saturday 2 March 2013

Driving some

I was pootling along, I'd just finished Paul's new one (Opus, excellent it was, dunno if anyone reads this stuff looking for music but go to bandcamp, buy it, I would) and I was lost in the recording of what Tim and I did yesterday, and I noticed the next junction was 42. Hmmm, I thought, last time I saw a junction was 39...

So instead of going back a junction I found my way, actually quite easily, to Tony's from the north. Got there nice and early but had a very pleasant lunch, got home sometime around three. Time to check the SK20, verify a few notes I'd made about the review, discovered either a bug or a non-imp-yet. Will ask.

The SK20 does sound pretty good, thank goodness, Tony's done wonders sticking the wood and generally cleaning the keyboard, switches, getting the broken jack out of the main mix, fixing the various breakages on the main board. Could spend more cash getting the sliders right - next time I will travel to pick something up or I won't get it. Unless I know for sure I'm dealing with someone capable. OK, rant over. The guy says he'll pay £75 of the £140 bill. I should probably have charged more, especially given I just wasted another day on this, but just want an end to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment