Tuesday 12 January 2010

Bye bye to more cash...

Decided to bite the bullet and go with Paul's recommendation on the voices download. It's £70 and 1.6Gb of some chick going "ooh" in an authentic ethic way. She even breathes. Have I totally lost it?
I'm also gonna buy Omnisphere as I really need at least one synth that's full of decent sounds. My fear is it may be as resource-hungry as Massive but we'll see. Gonna see if my new pal at DV will give me some kind of discount. Using some of the cash gained from selling hardware which is a bit perverse I guess.

Have sketched out ideas for tracks for my demo. Reckon the JV-2080 will get used again - I can get decent stuff out of that no probs and much faster than I can find stuff in my Mac. Weird how I turn to it for the sounds I had hoped to get from Kontakt. At least I put together something with a reasonable number of tracks yesterday, still have to be quite minimal but for me that must be a good thing. I can so easily overindulge otherwise. Still not quite into the idea of using someone else'e bass grooves, especially when I can't modify them for the variations I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment