Monday 25 January 2010

Crash, bang, wossup? (Logic on its arse again)

Last night's Logic crashes were related to Bouncing, an area that seems perpetually weak. My seven minute version of the India track would only bounce in realtime mode otherwise it fell on its arse every time.
Tonight's crashes were with the 32 Bit Bridge, which I wouldn't personally want to drive across. I wasn't doing anything complex either, merely auditioning patches on Omnisphere. The little floating bridge window is a bit naff too cos it blocks the ability to save a screenset with the Omnisphere window already open on the second screen.

Have reverted to 32 bit mode. I really couldn't see any benefits anyway and the crashes seemed more often even than usual. Paul's trying the public beta of Omnisphere 64 bit but until all my apps go over is it really worth it? He says he can get just two more instances of Omnisphere in 64 bit than he could on Logic 8. So much for 12 Gb RAM!

As time goes by I really wonder how Apple got their great reputation. My experience has been constant flakiness, numerous updates and all the stability of a jellyfish on a trampoline.

Started an oriental tune but after the last crash just sorta lost interest in the battle. I must be fecking crazy to put myself through this. Hell, it reminds me of Cubase 1.0 on Windows it's so iffy!

Grumble, grumble, moan, moan. Shall I bother to moan on the Logic forum or shall I not?
Colin and Tony here tomorrow for sequencer brainstorming, curry and smokes. Won't get much work done on review or tunes for a bit, but the break will be nice. Review started (3,000 words of notes hammered out) so a good idea of final wordcount required. Need deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment