Thursday 7 January 2010

Juggling and conflicts



Bought and downloaded Late Night Logic* from Time and Space. Not initially blown away by the number of samples or variety although the quality is OK. Learned yet another annoyance of dealing with both software instruments and samples cos the small buffer needed to make software instruments playable generates problems for audio playback when you have a few tracks. Not that many either. In the end I used Logic's function to split into a sample instrument and trigger via MIDI, which is something I suspect I'll be doing a lot. I think perhaps computers need two or at least dual soundcards for these conflicting requirements. Why aren't more people screaming and complaining about this???? I have a decent spec Mac so others must be suffering at least as much...
Working version of a track, Paul recommends better strings and buffer 256. There goes my (still not great) responsiveness...
*Learned I shoulda downloaded the (cheaper) Apple loop version. Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment