Wednesday 20 January 2010

Chaos Reigns

Learning some important lessons - slowly cos I'm thick. Eventually tweaked the 6 min track to about 3 and hopefully kept all the good stuff. More Enya than Kenya could be the title but it's Ambient Africa 2 as of now. In the end it's easier to re-record stuff than move it around and make it fit. Linear sequencers are a bit frustrating for rearranging stuff but that's probably me. Logic's end point seems to keep moving without me telling it. Also had red cpu and disk lights today when not doing so much - seems it struggles the longer it's active. Should I try the 9.1 upgrade or wait a bit longer? Still feels too flaky to trust entirely.

Started an indian one, well threw out most of one I'd started already and used some Omnisphere sounds to get me inspired. Could do with some indian chick noises or maybe even something wacky like howling chinese opera. Sure that would mix with sitars and tibetan singing bowls... erm.

Need to get faster. And the results are still not polished enough. Didn't work on review today or visit old people, just sat at computer and laboured.

No comments:

Post a Comment