Thursday 14 January 2010

A few steps

Made a little progress today. Got the african one into some kind of shape despite weird tuning. Going to have another go at the more dancy, cheery variant later.
Still happy with the sounds from Omnisphere and explored Logic's drum machine and hyperedit a bit. I think I can cope with them and not thinking about Cubase's drum editor. Much.
No sign of the Yamaha drum pads, hopefully tomorrow.
Will attempt to keep up the early starts as the extra two hours before lunchtime worked very well. Not installing Logic 9.1 - Paul has and it doesn't sound like a thumbs up so far.
At least I worked out how to get my editors/mixers onto the second screen now. Well, I didn't work it out, someone on the forum told me. They're being very patient considering how generally frustrated and fed up I've been since the start. I do like Logic's Transform menu. Shame David's book just skims over it. It's a good basic book but I really need a print of the full manual...

No comments:

Post a Comment