Wednesday 13 January 2010

Logic 64 bit appears

Will it solve my resource problems? I'm not going to leap to upgrade just yet. Been caught with that sort of thing before.
Hopefully it means the other apps I use will follow suit and we'll start to catch up with Windows. Hey, I said "we"!
Will have another crack at the african chick today. Must go to see Les and pick up that VGA lead from Tony. Omnisphere due to arrive according to despatch email. It's all go! My "retirement" sure ain't boring. In fact my head is spinning. Must post that DVD to Paul. Jeez this log's becoming a to do list. Which is silly cos I don't read the damn thing myself!

OK, got my second monitor working and have just installed Omnisphere. Took a while so I haven't touched the african chick today. She'll probably be relieved to be free of my inexperienced fumblings. Yamaha drum pad arriving tomorrow so will be concentrating on that for a while. Can see this demo taking longer than I'd like. Also, the possibility of writing about Ableton rears its head. Potentially a 2-page column each month which I really should take seriously. Would make me learn Live in a lot more detail than I have already. Time, where does it go?? Gonzo journalist at last!

Oh, and apparently Logic can't transpose into different scales/modes. It just can't, end of story. What is it with this fecking program? Gonna look into possibility of Cubase using Apple Loops and EXS samples cos if there's a way of doing that, I'm gonna jump ship. And yes, I know I used to get it for free and yes, I stupidly put it aside when miffed about the VST to SX transformation. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment