Tuesday 5 January 2010

More Snow

Presently waiting to find out if transport running. If not, probably won't go into work. Which would be a shame as it'd be my last Tuesday and some people I won't get chance to see again. Ah well, just means I'll have to go in again after all. :)

The snow looks like sticking and if I'm home I'll be taking Jasper out in it when Pat gets back from feeding. A bit disgusted her pal Chris, who lives 5 mins walk from the yard, has asked Pat to go up today and do it. It was Pat's herceptin day yesterday so she ain't 100%.

Got to get a box for the Nova and get it off to Duncan. Would it be more foolish to buy another, better, virtual synth or spend it all on drugs? I suspect the latter would make me smile more...
---
OK, Nova sent off. No work so lovely snow walk with Pat and Jasper, although Pat's hips suffering later, probably exacerbated by herceptin. More work on tracks, Paul pointed out I should try the multiband compressor on my bounces. I don't half miss Waves! Started a track of ambience and ice; starting to realise I can make this stuff work after all as long as I don't pack too much stuff in and just do obvious stuff with patches that appeal rather than agonising over programming stuff. Tony got me a 6 foot VGA cable for the 2nd monitor; adapter arrived.

Seems unlikely I'll be working tomorrow as weather not changing as far as I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment